All your life you are told things you cannot do. All your life they will say you're not good enough or talented enough; they will say you're the wrong height or the wrong weight or the wrong type to play this or be this or achieve this. They will tell you NO, a thousand times NO until all the NOs become meaningless. All your life they will tell you quite firmly and very quickly. AND YOU WILL TELL THEM YES. -- NIKE ad
_______________________________________
What a motivating quote! Makes me want to get up and do something other than sitting at home writing this blog. But I thought I'd share this.
Can you identify with this quote? I'm sure that all of us, at some point in our lives, have encountered or will encounter the naysayers who will relish telling us "NO". Some will say it because they truly do believe the "NO". Some will say it because they don't want us to succeed. The questions to ask yourself is: Will I let the "NOs" stop me from even trying? Or will I ignore them, move forward and work towards my "YES"?
Sometimes fear gets in the way. The fear that the "NOs" may be right is enough to stop you dead in your tracks. I know. Fear has gotten hold of me a few times in the earlier days of my life. Now that I'm older and wiser, I've learned to ignore the "NOs" and just go for it. What have I got to lose? Nothing! If it doesn't turn out the way I envisioned it, I still win. Why? Because I use the failure as a case study and learn from it. My failures, although few, have had such huge impacts in my life that the lessons I've learned from them have helped me make better decisions later on. My failures have made me a better: person, business woman, parent, wife, daughter, sister, employee and co-worker. I'm not perfect, but I am much better.
So go for your "YES". Prove to yourself that you can do it. Regardless of the outcome, you'll still be a winner. Bring positive energy into your life. Exercise your mind to accept challenges and disregard the "NOs".
Wednesday, April 29, 2009
Today's Quote from a NIKE ad
Labels:
energy,
exercise,
mental health,
motivation,
NIKE,
positive,
wellness,
winner
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment